CKC - Valley Forge
Well, it was a heck of a day.
Kaylie, Marta (a friend) and I headed out for CKC at about 8:30 am this morning. We lucked out and didn't hit any traffic. We arrived at CKC at 10 on the dot...perfect timing, right?! UH!!! NO!!!
The power had been out all night and no one had been let in all day. We were finally let in at around 11.
The only good thing about that was Lisa Bearnson was outside signing autographs and taking pictures. SO... Kaylie and I had our pic taken with her. She was VERY nice and LOVED Miss Kaylie. :) She even said that she wanted to take Kaylie home with her. They smiled and laughed with each other a great deal. You can see in the pics that Kaylie was right at home with her! :)
I also had the opportunity to meet Ani, the owner of Paper Tapestry (one of the companies I design for). It was fun to see all the layouts up in person. The booth looks GREAT!!! And Ani is very nice!
Bought a few goodies...mostly Technique Tuesday stamps... but was actually pretty good (for me anyhow!!).
On the way home, we ran into a MAJOR thunder/rain storm. It was SO bad at times that we were driving about 2 miles an hour and everyone had on flashers. There was no shoulder so we all pretty much had to just keep driving. Kaylie had fallen asleep about 10 min before hitting traffic and the storm, and it woke her up so she was CRANKY for the whole 2.5 hour drive home (we're only 1.5 hrs away!)...
Anyhow, overall it was a fun day!!!
:)
**ETA...photos aren't uploading...I'll add later!!
Kaylie, Marta (a friend) and I headed out for CKC at about 8:30 am this morning. We lucked out and didn't hit any traffic. We arrived at CKC at 10 on the dot...perfect timing, right?! UH!!! NO!!!
The power had been out all night and no one had been let in all day. We were finally let in at around 11.
The only good thing about that was Lisa Bearnson was outside signing autographs and taking pictures. SO... Kaylie and I had our pic taken with her. She was VERY nice and LOVED Miss Kaylie. :) She even said that she wanted to take Kaylie home with her. They smiled and laughed with each other a great deal. You can see in the pics that Kaylie was right at home with her! :)
I also had the opportunity to meet Ani, the owner of Paper Tapestry (one of the companies I design for). It was fun to see all the layouts up in person. The booth looks GREAT!!! And Ani is very nice!
Bought a few goodies...mostly Technique Tuesday stamps... but was actually pretty good (for me anyhow!!).
On the way home, we ran into a MAJOR thunder/rain storm. It was SO bad at times that we were driving about 2 miles an hour and everyone had on flashers. There was no shoulder so we all pretty much had to just keep driving. Kaylie had fallen asleep about 10 min before hitting traffic and the storm, and it woke her up so she was CRANKY for the whole 2.5 hour drive home (we're only 1.5 hrs away!)...
Anyhow, overall it was a fun day!!!
:)
**ETA...photos aren't uploading...I'll add later!!

1 Comments:
Even with the rain issues, it sounds like a pretty great day! Sorry you got held outside, but glad you got to see Lisa!
Jenn K
Post a Comment
<< Home